Greetings from GrantLessons!
Last week I discussed the option of making a presentation to your Grants Committee. You can make a short PowerPoint presentation using the following slides:
- Presentation Title
- What is a foundation grant or corporate contribution?
- Budget – Expense Budget, Program Budget, and Grant Committee Budget
- Comparison of Program Budget to Grant Committee Budget by Program
- Comparison of Projected Grants Committee Budget with Actual Program Budget
- In kind Contributions
- Number of Applications Written Compared to Number of Applications Funded
- Number of Funders by Funding Dollars
- Names of Funders
- Process Used by Grants Committee for Success
- Names of Current Committee Members
- Names of Committee Members Who have Worked on Grants in the Past
By making a presentation to your chapter once a year, your committee provides information to its members about the important work that the Grants Committee is doing to help fund its programs. You may find someone who sees the value of writing grants and want to join the efforts of the Grants Committee.
I have started a draft presentation for my chapter which is located at http://www.grantlessons.wordpress.com under the Resource tab under Downloadable files for your reference . I don’t expect we will give this presentation to our chapter members until January 2015 and before that time I will need to update some of the slides since I fully expect additional monies will come in to us during the next six weeks. You may decide that you want to do your presentation at a different time of the year.
You will need to adjust your chapter’s slide presentation to meet the needs of your chapter. The presentation provides an incentive to get new members to the Grant Committee, recognizes those members who work behind the scene to write grants, and may even find a new potential funder from a chapter member.
On September 10, we completed a search to see what our standing for GuideStar was with all Assistance League chapters and we did it again this week. Our numbers are increasing, we now have 38 Gold Participants (26 in September), 36 Silver Participants (40 in September), 9 Bronze Participants (9 in September), 37 No participants (45 in September). CONGRATULATIONS!!!
For now have fun with devising your presentation and let us know if you have any questions.
Catch me when you can and I will catch up with you soon! Sandie